MAC Cosmetics recently released new shades of their Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour and with the news that Ulta Beauty will be launching MAC Cosmetics on May 7th (you can browse online beginning April 23rd, and then shop online May 7th), we wanted to share some swatches of the shades that we received.

spa-week-x-mac-cosmetics-1The colors range from earthy neutral hues to warm browns – there is even a hint of a bold berry and a blackened teal shade. These are available for $21 each (for 0.17 fl. oz) and is a part of their permanent collection – 32 shades all together.

spa-week-x-mac-cosmetics-3

With Flash

From left to right, we have:

• Flesh Stone – a neutral grey brown
  • Dash O’ Spice – a warm yellow brown
  • Cafe Au Chic – a true warm taupe
  • So Me – a muted plum
  • Simply Smoked – a neutral taupe
  • Ess-presso – a deepened chocolate brown
  • Chocotease – a warm brown with red undertones
  • Uniformly Fabulous – a blackened berry/grape
  • Young Attitude – a blackened teal (hues of dark blue/green)
spa-week-x-mac-cosmetics-4

Without Flash

Here, you can get a look at the shades in real time

Honestly, I love the formula of these. It is very soft, non-drying and comes out true to color with one use of the wand (both sides). The applicator really sealed the deal on these for me. It reminds me of the precision tip that Smashbox Cosmetics also uses for their liquid lipsticks.

spa-week-x-mac-wand

Cafe Au Chic:

cafe-au-chic

Dash O’ Spice:

spa-week-dash-o-spice-mac-closer

Flesh Stone:

spa-week-x-flesh-stone-closer

Which one is your favorite shade? Have you ever tried MAC’s retro matte lipsticks before?

spa-week-x-mac-cosmetics-2

103 Responses

1. Nelle

Now that I see the colors swatches on your lips, they look fabulous and I am now thinking Uniformly Fabulous and So Me are so me!

2. Njeri Tucker

Simply smoked is my favorite it is a beauty brown and it’s the perfect match to your beautiful face! Yes I have tried Mac liquid lipsticks I love their formula just wish their prices where a little cheaper but I’m glad their going to be in ulta I can use my points and coupons

3. Nancy J Montgomery

My favourite is Cafe Au Chic and, no, I’ve never tried Mac Cosmetics.

4. Yesenia Aguilar

My favorite would be “Chocotease and “So Me but I haven’t try them yet hun but would be nice to 🙏😘

5. Ocean Sunrise

I’ve never tried the MAC’s retro matte lipsticks before. The wand is brilliant. The So Me shade is such a luscious colour. A beautiful selection of lippies.

6. Laticia

ChocChocotease is my favorite shade, the rich milk chocolate color is so beautiful. I haven’t tried the mac retro matte lipsticks yet.

7. Laticia Overton

Chocotease is my favorite shade, the rich milk chocolate color is so beautiful. I haven’t tried mac retro yet.

8. Anita D.

Wow… I’m so liking chocotease and so me right now… they are classy and make statements… i guess i feel this way because i have fallen in “love” with nude lipsticks… I haven’t tried out any of Mac’s retro matte lip colours, I sure would love to.

9. Emily Mitton

I have not tried MAC’s retro matte lipsticks… yet!! I need to!!

10. Jaime Swink

I love the So Me! I’ve never tried these but I love your review of them. Thanks for mentioning how the formula is non-drying… that’s a plus!

11. Andrea owens

I have tried there formula amazing!! I love so me. I really would like to try Vera wang never tried that!

12. La sheen

Chocotease is gorgeous. I have seen these but never been able to afford!

13. Jennifer Santana

I’ve never tried MAC Retro Matte lipsticks before but Chocolate looks so pretty! I would love to try a brown lip look with it, especially for Fall since that’s when browns are usually in😊

14. Jennifer Santana

Out of all of the MAC Retro Mattes, Chocolate is the one that catches my attention because I’ve always wanted to try a Matte brown liquid lip color but I usually tend to stick to pinky nude colors 😊 I’ve never tried MAC’s Retro Matte Liquid Lipsticks but I think I will definitely look into buying one ‘cuz they’re so pretty! 🤗❤️💕

15. Licia Miles

I sure have tried and brought one color. I have “topped with brandy” and love it and it’s my favorite! Thank you for the swatches. I definitely need so many more colors now! All the colors look great on you btw 🙂
    @missheartofgold_

16. Imani

Uniformly fabulous looks nice, I haven’t tried any of the retro mattes yet.

17. Victoria Greaves

Uniformly Fabulous is my favourite from this set! I’ve never tried the Retro Matte Formula but hope to in the near future.

18. Imani

Uniformly fabulous looks amazing, I’ve never tried a retro matte though.

19. Vanessa Adams

Uniformly fabulous is my favorite and I have never tried these MAC colors before.

20. Cynthia

Hi, I only have one retro matte liquid lipstick. It’s called old lady. It’s like a darker shade but beautiful. I would love to try more shades eventually 🙂

21. Alyssa Emmett

I love So Me and no I haven’t tried this before but I would love to 🙂

22. CL Chin

I really like young attitude but not sure if I’d be daring enough to try it! I think simply smoked would be my shade of choice.

23. Siterria Nelson

I Mean SERIOUSLY 😯ALL Are My FAVORITE To Be Quite Honest BUT, “UniFormly Fabulous” Is Talking To Me So Much That Come Wednesday Morning I Got To Place A MAC ORDER! (Thanks Again Cynira) Your Swatches Did It Again & Too Think Also I Never Knew Vera Wang SOLD Perfume 😲Either I Thought Clothes Only I Gotta Go See Where I Can Smell The Perfume Line At. The Plus About This Review & Post Is I Saw Read & Learned Something NEW I Didn’t Know Times Two,Two For One DEAL.

24. Lashedoutreviews

I’ve never tried these. I like the Smoke shade. That first gray shade is interesting as well.

25. Gil

Tried and loved! They are the least drying liquid lippies I’ve seen. Would be perfect for my upcoming formal! 😍

26. O. Sunrise

27. Paola

I’ve never try any MAC product because they are a little expensive but Flesh stone and Simply smoked looks amazing. I love nudes 😍

28. Rayneka smith

I really want the opportunity to try these !! I tried the original formula when they first released and honestly I didn’t have a good experience At all. I got 2 deep purple shades, the colors were gorgeous… but the formula cracked and flaked so bad. It was so embarrassing because I was at a public event 😩and the incident scarred me from wanting to try new liquid lippies out. I’m always super cautious or lean towards gloss. I would really like to try the new refomulationn.

29. Evangelia Zachariadou

I love the *So me *shade!! I’ve heared so many opinions about the retro Mac collection and I ‘m really intrigued! 💋💖

30. Stephanie

My favourite shade is So Me. I have never tried MAC’s retro matte lipsticks before.

31. Omolara

Hi. From the looks on your lips, i will go for the Uniformly fabulous, its sooo pretty,looks very lush and its something i would really love to try on as i dont have any lippie in that shade.
    And no, i have never used any MAC product begore, its quite pricey for me so owning one via this giveaway would be a dream come true.

32. Starla

Wow! SO many beautiful colors and I love your swatches. I haven’t gotten around to try these yet but would love to try all of them, especially Cafe Au Chic!

33. Menchie Mana-ay

I only have one shade and I love thier formula..hopefully I’ll get to try more shades soon.. My favorite among the swatches is “So Me”

34. Krista M

Cafe au Chic is my favorite color option as I prefer lighter shades, especially with spring coming up!

35. Ruthi R.

Never tried these before! Love the colors So Me and Cafe Au chic😘

36. September Dee

I haven’t yet tried it! So Me is very pretty. Looks like a great go to shade. Thanks for your review and contest!

37. September Dee

I really like So Me. I’ve not tried the deck matte yet. Great review!!

38. Kyriaki kalnteremidou

Never tried but i would love to. The one that looks perfect is…so me..💋❤💋❤💋❤💋

39. Kyriaki kalnteremidou

Never tried before but i would love to! I love.. so me… its perfect ❤❤❤

40. Ogbenyealu

I love the “so me”,
    Love the “feels so grand” and ” lady be good”. MAC fan girl, would love to try this collection

41. Maribel

I wanna try all of them to be honest hehe cannot wait for more swatches once camera is charged! The colors look amazing on your skin tone!

42. Maribel

I haven’t tried them but I’ve been dying too! Been eyeballing for a while and now after your review I might buy some. I’m pretty confident these will feel good on my lips because you have beautiful full lips and I do as well 🙂 most of the issues with that is that it dries them out ridiculously but if you felt like they didn’t then holllaaaa I’m going to mac hehe thanks for the reviews and I can’t wait for the rest of the swatches love! Love your skin tone btw 😘💋

43. TeAuna M.

I’ve never tried the retro Matte collection but I see myself getting a couple in the near future! My fav color out of those would have to be “Young Attitude” 🙂

44. Derana Mathews

I have not tried Mac’s Retro Matte Lipstick yet. I really like the Chocotease color. The
    Uniformly Fabulous color is also a beautiful color to me. 😍😍😍

45. Derana Mathews

I have not tried Mac’s Retro Matte Lipstick yet, but I do like the Chocotease color the best.
    Uniformly Fabulous is also a nice color to me. This looks like a great lip product.

46. Paulina Ríos

I’ve never tried these Mac liquid lipsticks and I’d love to

47. Ashley

I have never tried MAC lipstick before but that So Me is totally my fav.

48. Rosa C.

Uniformly Fabulous is my favorite is so vampy! I haven’t had the chance to try macs retro mattes lipsticks,but would love to!

49. Rosa C.

I’m loving Uniformly Fabulous looks so vampy love it!and no I haven’t had the chance to try macs retro matte lipstick before would love to tho!

50. Evangelia Zachariadou

I believe that the *So me * color appeals to me better! 💋💖

51. msb17__

I love cafe au chic. A nice colour to wear with brown lip liner and create an ombré effect!

52. sassy

I never tried these but when you say that they are not drying I need to try at least one & Cafe Au Chic is my first pick 🙂 Also they look so smooth on your lips (Teal one looks amazing on your lips)

53. Nelle

It’s a tie between Esspresso and Chocotease, they are such fab shades of brown! Happy Friday!

54. Katrina Angele

I love Young Attitude! If I were a bit younger I’d totally rock that!

55. Tyshonia Brown

I love love loveeee the new retro mates especially High Drama. I love how smooth the formula is and the color is perfect for me as an everyday type of thing.

56. Corinne Johnson

I haven’t tried these yet but I really want to, because I have been hearing such good things about them! Plus with me being a beauty baller on a budget, I gotta try these out before I invest in a few colors. I really want to try Uniformly Fabulous! I’ve tried similar shades in soooo many other liquid lipstick formulas, and the rich darks I’m craving in a lippie always come out so streaky or patchy!!! I’m hoping the MAC Retro Mattes’ formula will be different and won’t disappoint!

57. Corinne

58. Haania

I love uniformly famous! I have tried them! I have dance with me and it’s one of go to lipsticks!!

59. sam

I have tried them when the first launched a long while ago. My fav shade is all of them lol!

60. Shawna S Walker

Ess-presso ☕🍫is my fav! I live for deep chocolate colors like that year round.

61. Shari Velazquez

Uniformly Fabulous has to be hands down my absolute FAVORITE.😍💄❤. I have tired Mac Cosmetics Retro Mattes in the past, they were good but I’ve heard so many great reviews about the NEW and IMPROVED formulas that I must try again.

62. Anne C

So Me and Uniformly Fabulous are beautiful shades! I’ve tried the MAC Retro Matte lipsticks before. I believe I tried the pink and peach shades. They were a little too bright for me.

63. Latoya

That ‘So Me’ looks like my type 😍. I’ve never tried MAC’s retro matte lipsticks before 🤔

64. Ginger Henderson

I haven’t tried them. They’re all beautiful. I like the Uniformly Fabulous and the So Me. Would love to try them.

65. Jackie

I’ve never tried them – but after seeing these swatches they’re definitely on my list! My favorite shade is “So Me”!!!

66. Adila

So me is my fav. Love how it turns out. No, haven’t tried them before,but would love to.

67. Tamra F.

I love these shades and hope to go to visit an Ulta store this spring with my sister. So fun!

68. Tamra F.

I would love to try one of these soon! There is an Ulta store within 2 hours from our town and I can’t wait to go there! Thanks for the swatches! @catlovertamjo

69. Michelle Franscique

Uniformly fabulous is my favorite. I love this color. And have heard good things about the formula.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published.